We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Director/Chief of Party (COP) for a USAID funded HIV Service Delivery Support Activity which will focus on supporting the Government of Kenya with HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services.
The Chief of Party will have primary responsibility for liaising with USAID and other stakeholders in Kenya. He/she will oversee contract implementation, providing the technical vision and approach and managing the project team and consortium members. He/she will ensure the project complies with award terms and conditions, USAID policies and regulations, and systems are in place to mitigate risk of fraud, waste and abuse.
The position will be based in Kenya and will report to the FHI 360 Kenya Country Director.
- Oversee all aspects of program implementation and management; stakeholder coordination with USAID and Government of Kenya counterparts and implementing partners; and ensure overall project quality, results, and compliance;
- Provide strategic leadership to the design and implementation of HIV Service Delivery activities and oversees program planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation;
- Ensure optimal use of human, financial, and physical resources to successfully meet project milestones, objectives, deliverables and targets;
- Provide leadership and management to ensure that all projects activities are executed in line with and meet the technical standards and expectations of FHI 360 and its donors and supporters. Ensure timely, high-quality and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID;
- Oversee and coordinate the successful completion of planning and budgeting requirements of the project;
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to monitor the implementation of projects, including progress toward achieving objectives and targets with high-quality and on-time performance;
- Provide effective oversight to all financial and administrative functions undertaken by the program to ensure efficient and effective administrative support;
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with FHI 360 standard operating procedures, donor policies and regulations, and national policies and laws;
- Develop and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with representatives from the Government of Kenya, academic institutions, donors, supporters and other implementing and collaborating partners;
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings, impact, innovations, and lessons learned;
- Oversee strategies and interventions to ensure excellence and accountability to beneficiaries and USAID;
- Represent project both internally and externally to other donors, stakeholders, implementing partners and government counterparts;
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations.
- Bachelors degree required (Master’s Degree preferred) in public health, social services, management, or business administration, or related field;
- At least seven years demonstrated, recent, experience within the capacity as senior staff in some aspect of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment; and/or quality improvement/quality assurance; health systems strengthening; M&E; and operations research in Kenya or East Africa;
- At least seven years’ experience in managing complex public health programs or programs of similar scope and size, including program, financial and administration management, award contractual compliance, sub-award management, and tracking project performance and costs via specific funding streams;
- At least five years international (outside of Kenya) experience in development, managing, overseeing, and evaluating public health programs of similar size and complexity;
- Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfil the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description;
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language;
- Experience managing US government funded projects with sub awards/sub-contracts to local partners preferred;
- Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, lead teams, make high-level decisions, and navigate politically-sensitive terrain;
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*