Raytheon Blackbird Technologies, Inc. is seeking an International Special Operations Liaison (SOLO) Program Support SME to support the USSOCOM SOLO program maintaining an enduring presence with select partner nation SOF in order to support their development, prepare for future contingencies, and build / foster mutually beneficial relationships in support of TSOC and GCC engagement strategies. In order to maintain persistent presence with key partner nations, USSOCOM employs SOLOs globally in at least 18 locations. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Travel – Position will require travel to CONUS and OCONUS non-hazardous locations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist US SOLO in drafting and coordinating plans and roadmaps for development of SOF capabilities and institutions.
- Support coordination with designated US Embassy country teams to enable assignment of SOLO under the provisions of National Security Decision Directive (NSDD) 38, which governs the assignment of DOD personnel to US embassies abroad.
- Review, analyze, and summarize SOLO reporting. Draft plans and track actions stemming from SOLO reporting.
- Assist and coordinate SOLO use of security assistance and cooperation funding mechanisms, to include Counter Terrorism Fellowship Program (CTFP), 12-series programs, and other funding sources, in order to advance PN SOF capability development efforts.
- Assure SOLO life support in deployed locations; assist with funding, transportation, professional development, and welfare of SOLOs and their families. Draft mechanisms to identify and track communication, health, welfare, and security of deployed SOLOs.
- Draft SOLO selection and assessment process; assist in selection and pre-deployment training for all SOLOs.Draft training plans tailored to specific SOLO countries.
- Maintain and draft primary, alternate, contingency and emergency (PACE) communications plans with SOLOs; coordinate plans with USSOCOM J6; and maintain a contact roster allowing immediate contact of employed SOLOs.
- Process, coordinate, and track to completion all staffing actions regarding international negotiations between USSOCOM and partner nations for SOLO or FLO/EXO presence; prepare engagement plans to ensure SOLO/FLO/EXO talking points are included in KLEs.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance (TS with SCI eligibility) as of day one of employment
- Master’s Degree in international relations, economics, or related field.
- Graduate of Dept. of State Foreign Service Institute or equivalent US military program of instruction.
- Foreign Service or Foreign Area Officer with 10+ years’ experience as a member of a US embassy country team, or documented experience at the combatant command level in international program development.
- 3 years’ experience in a federal agency, GCC, or service headquarters in policy development, international agreements, and strategy.
- 2 years’ experience or academic coursework in negotiations. Acceptable example would be experience negotiating Memos of Agreement or Understanding
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from cybersecurity to automated operations, and from high-consequence training to clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, VA. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2015 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*