Currently seeking a dynamic and resourceful Congressional Liaison to join a fast growing IT firm working on cutting-edge technologies. The Congressional Liaison will aid ByteCubed in its engagement with the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of Small Business Program (OSBP), providing comprehensive support for all internal and external outreach efforts.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Advise senior DoD leaders on legislative strategy and tactics to promote OSBP and its mission to Congress.
- Track legislation and other Congressional activities affecting the program.
- Prepare detailed briefings for senior DoD leaders to present to Congress.
- Produce written responses to inquiries from Members of Congress, Committees and GAO.
- Facilitate contacts, meetings, and other engagements between members of the Program , and Congressional staff contacts.
- Provide writing and editing support; including research, drafting, and editing support data analysis.
- Provide research and other support for thought leadership pieces (e.g. journal articles, op-eds, white papers) produced by the company’s leadership.
- The deliverables include reports, marketing and outreach materials targeted at specific audiences; graphics, charts, visualizations, and other specific design products or needs.
- Track the Program’s online presence, including media mentions of the programs and activities as well as monitoring web and social media analytics.
- Assist with the company’s outreach events, including events related to specific projects and other corporate events.
- Support peers on the project in communications and outreach activities with research, note-taking, drafting, logistical and planning support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, International Relations, International Development or a related field.
- 10+ years of overall professional experience.
- Familiarity with DoD, SBA, OSBP, and the Small Business Job Act,mission, organization, and operating procedures.
- Proven writing and editing skills with an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct and lively style.
- Initiative, high standards, attention to detail, creativity, and problem solving skills are a must.
- Must possess the ability to interface effectively with senior military officers and government civilian and political leaders.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and teamwork skills and demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience working with multimedia and the ability to leverage media tools quickly.
- Self-starter who can work as part of a proactive and results-oriented team.
- ACTIVE Secret clearance; Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*