The Joint Brussels Office of the UK Law Societies (England & Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) is offering two paid internships in EU law and policy. Under the supervision of the Head of Office, you will assist a busy team of policy advisors in their work representing the interests and views of the UK solicitors' profession to key decision makers and legislators. In doing so, you will increase your knowledge of EU matters, develop a number of transferable business skills and gain valuable professional experience.
- The daily monitoring of legal and policy developments from EU institutions;
- Assisting the team in the preparation and drafting of papers on EU legislative initiatives;
- Assisting the team in preparing communication materials for publication (monthly newsletter and a number of EU policy trackers; website; social media);
- Attending, minuting and/or reporting on various meetings in (and occasionally outside) Brussels;
- Assisting the team with the organisation of events and meetings;
- Acting as liaison with the group of UK trainee solicitors seconded to Brussels.
- Degree, Bachelor or Master, in law, from one of the three UK jurisdictions or other common law experience;
- Strong interest and/or professional experience in the EU legislative framework;
- Excellent, native level, command of written and spoken English;
- Computer skills MS Office, Internet;
- Well-organised, practical-minded and able to prioritise a busy and varied workload;
- Additional assets: other EU languages and knowledge of legal databases (Westlaw, PLC).
What we offer:
- The internship will last 6 months. Start date to be confirmed;
- This is a paid internship (€800/month);
- As per Belgian legislation, successful candidates will need to sign a "Convention d'Immersion Professionnelle" with an agreed training and development plan.
Please send an email with your application letter and CV by Monday 20 February, COB, to Antonella Verde, Brussels Office Assistant.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*