The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) seeks a communications officer with extensive experience with website content and social media production. The Communications Officer leads development of the GMF’s digital strategy and plans and executes deployment of content across GMF’s digital properties. S/he also maintains and governs the GMF website (www.gmfus.org).
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Facilitate relationships with web developers and consultants as project lead during website redesign and microsite redesign (e.g. www.brusselsforum.org).
- Develop strategies to promote GMF content through social media, website, and partnerships. Identify new and creative opportunities to promote the work of GMF experts.
- Liaise with GMF program staff and leadership to best represent publications, events, and other content generated by programs on the website.
- Record and interpret web statistics, set traffic goals, manage Google Adwords and Google Analytics. Advise Communications management on strategy or tactical changes as needed.
- Monitor and promote social media assets; stimulate conversation and engage with followers of GMF social media handles, proactive social media outreach, Twitter and Facebooks ads.
- Create and execute social media strategy for GMF events and major conferences including live tweeting, livestreaming and ad buys.
- Work with and manage outside website vendors and contractors when necessary, including budgeting, priorities and project management.
- Oversee and direct contract workers on website and social media projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, Information Technology, or related field and 5 years of experience managing websites and social media campaigns, preferred.
- Strong ability to work within a transatlantic team.
- Excellent English-language skills – verbal and written.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and contracts.
- Strong website editing and management skills in Drupal and Wordpress. Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
- Experience in a website redesign and migration project.
- Comfort with Google Analytics and reporting to leadership teams on key metrics with recommendations for improvements.
- Demonstrated background in successful social media campaigns using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Ability to assess new social media tools and weigh their benefit for GMF use.
- Experience reporting on social media campaigns using Sproutsocial or similar tool.
- Familiarity with ad buys for Facebook and Twitter.
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion to manage online communications for major conferences.
GMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*