Creative is seeking a Senior Governance and Service Delivery Component Lead for an anticipated donor-funded project in El Salvador. The project is expected to focus on building trust between citizens and local government institutions to more-effectively deliver services that will contribute to the reduction of violence and crime within their jurisdictions. The Component Lead will oversee project workstreams related to citizen engagement, and be responsible for successfully managing the implementation of project activities designed to: increase interaction and improve communication between citizens and municipal governments; increase citizen involvement in municipal planning and budgeting for service related to violence reduction; and improve citizen oversight for municipal crime and violence reduction initiatives.
The Senior Governance and Service Delivery Component Lead is to be based in San Salvador and will be responsible for the technical leadership of key project workstreams. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results, and will work with the Chief of Party to ensure compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant donor rules and regulations.
Reporting and Supervision:
This position reports to the Chief of Party in-country, as well as Creative Associates designated home office Project Director.
- Facilitates the design and development of evidence based community-level theories of change, and project or activity plans, based on the key findings and insights from analytical assessments;
- Oversees the delivery of tailored, timely citizen engagement activities and capacity building assistance in accordance with Creative’s standards and applicable USG protocols.
- Manages and is responsible for technical performance of key project workstreams related to accountable governance and trust-building between citizens and local government institutions;
- Ensures technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to Creative’s policies and procedures and consistent with relevant U.S. Government regulations;
- Develops and implements work plans for project activities;
- Oversees implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities and ensures that project results are met;
- Supervises development and submission of project deliverables and provides timely and accurate reporting and briefings to Donor/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Manages project team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field is required; Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO with demonstrated supervisory experience;
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience working on programs with local governance and/or civic engagement components, ideally in peacebuilding environment or conflict-affected setting;
- Previous experience implementing similar donor-funded programs in Central America is strongly desired; experience working in El Salvador would be a key asset;
- Proven leadership and organizational skills, successfully managing and coordinating large and disparate work groups;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge establishing systems and overseeing start-up under limited time constrains as well as program close-out;
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting); and procurement;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation;
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Fluency in English and Spanish required;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Strong analytical capacity.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*