This position provides rapid assessments of potentially imminent local, domestic and international security situations, sensitive developments and complex threat issues. The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of global security risks, have experience producing threat assessments and possess an extensive network of public and private sector professional contacts.
- Research and analyze a variety of global security threats that may impact domestic and international travel for company associates and assets, as well as special events and product launches
- Develop intelligence deliverables and threat assessments that accurately convey the threats, patterns, and expected impacts in a timely manner
- Conduct event monitoring for potential threats or ongoing security situational concerns using social media platforms, law enforcement contacts, and local news sources '
- Monitor inappropriate communications that create a potential risk of harm to company associates or assets. Conduct internal and external investigations, and provide recommendations to mitigate risks. Act as a liaison throughout appropriate company entities and external counterparts
- Coordinate security/logistical planning with other senior executive support staff, public relations, legal, security personnel of other organizations, event planners, law enforcement personnel, etc.
- Develop and implement crisis management plans for the senior executives and other company associates as needed
- BS/BA (preferably in international relations, political science, regional studies, or a security-related area) or equivalent work experience is required
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in investigations, security, intelligence, law enforcement, research, or any other related positions
- Proficiency in a variety of social media platforms, as well a strong familiarity with geospatial tools and news aggregators
- The ability to write clearly and concisely with short deadlines and quick turnaround times, while still effectively communicating information in a structured analytical way.
- Ability to make independent judgments quickly with little or no oversight
- Position requires on call availability 24 x 7
- Position may require domestic or international travel for up to a week or more with little or no notice
- Strong problem resolution, time management, and independent planning skills
- Ability to operate in high stress situations and relay information in a timely and accurate manner
- MA degree or higher in related field
- Fluency/competency in one or more foreign languages
- 3+ years’ experience in security intelligence related positions preferred
- Investigative experience is highly desirable
- Experience living abroad, extensive travel, or demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Personal network of intelligence, law enforcement, security and other industry/professional contacts is highly desirable
- Broad-based security experience is a plus
- Supervisory experience is desirable
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*