International Justice Mission (IJM), Cebu Field Office is seeking a specialist to support Law Enforcement Officials (LEOs) investigating online child sexual exploitation (OCSE). The successful candidate will train, develop, and mentor LEOs to improve the public justice system’s capacity to combat OCSE. The successful candidate will have a solid foundation of technical experience and expertise; possess strong communication skills; be able to thrive in a detailed, dynamic environment; and be passionate about seeking justice.
This position is based in Cebu, the Philippines and reports to the Director of Law Enforcement.
Computer Investigative Analysis
- Develop a thorough understanding of Philippine laws and criminal procedures regarding investigations, arrests, search and seizure, and the charging of perpetrators involved in OCSE;
- Provide expertise and assistance to Philippine and international LEOs conducting OCSE investigations;
- Assist LEOs to develop online undercover identities that would establish themselves in chat rooms, web sites, blogs, and forums;
- Assist LEOs to develop and effectively pursue credible leads resulting from undercover online investigations;
- Work with LEOs and IJM personnel to develop Standard Operating Procedures for all critical aspects of OCSE investigations, including the proper management, documentation, preservation, and utilization of undercover online activities;
- Advise LEOs during operations on proper handling of computers and all related hardware;
- Develop and maintain investigative and operational best practices for LEOs and IJM personnel;
- Provide support for investigations of traditional sex trafficking; and
- Assist LEOs in the development of an effective, holistic wellness program for supervisors, investigators, and families of investigators involved in OCSE investigations.
- Participate in IJM’s spiritual formation and professional development programs;
- Update and use IJM’s Casework Tracking Management System and other monitoring and evaluation tools; and
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned by the Director of Law Enforcement Development.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in criminal investigations with a public law enforcement agency, international human rights agency, public international agency, private investigative or security firm, or military or national security agency;
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience investigating cybercrimes;
- Demonstrated expertise in cybercrime investigations through initiating, conducting, and maintaining undercover online communications;
- Experienced and able to mentor others on the norms and expected online behaviors of individuals in the targeted chat rooms, web sites, blogs, or forums;
- Experienced and knowledgeable in properly handling cybercrime or digital evidence;
- Familiarity with global law enforcement networks that combat cybercrime threats, specifically those involving OCSE and sex trafficking;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, taking complex, technical concepts and making them easy to understand; and
- Fluency in oral and written i) English and ii) Cebuano or Filipino.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice;
- Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Patient, flexible, and persistent;
- Unfailing integrity and honesty;
- Effective team player and leader;
- Works well under stress and minimal supervision;
- Punctual, manages time and resources effectively;
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor;
- Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting; and
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*