The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking undergraduate or graduate candidates for internships with NDI's Southern and East Africa (SEA) programs for Spring 2017. The intern will be responsible for conducting country and program-specific research, attending meetings on Southern and East African Affairs and providing administrative support for country programs.
- Research and gather materials for country specific programs;
- Assist in the backstopping of field offices activities;
- Collect and distribute to the SEA team news updates;
- Attend meetings and seminars on Southern and East African affairs and prepare oral and written presentations to SEA team members;
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of periodical reports;
- Provide administrative support to assigned country programs, including filing, faxing, copying, mailing, and/or event preparation; and
- Conduct special projects as needed.
This is a paid internship.
Interns are encouraged to attend workshops, lectures and other staff development events at NDI. We are currently recruiting for applicants available for [insert term/date].
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Non-U.S. citizens applying for internships and entry level positions based in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship.
- Demonstrated interest in Southern and East Africa;
- Generally pursing a undergraduate or graduate program, or a recent graduate; relevant degree programs might include, but are not limited to, political science, international relations, international development, and African studies;
- Well-organized and skilled in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work with a team;
- Portuguese/French/Swahili language skills useful, but not required.
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired;
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*