The European Policy Centre is seeking a Senior Policy Analyst. The main focus will be on research, policy recommendations and providing a platform for debate on the interaction between the rise of populism at the national, European and global level and European migration policies. The successful candidate will work in the EPC’s European Migration and Diversity (EMD) programme, leading the EMD team and following closely European migration policy developments, as well as creating links with other parts of the EPC, including on the issue of EU Freedom of Movement and on the external policy/development dimension.
- leading the elaboration & implementation of EPC activities related to the link between migration and populism, as well as leading on EPC’s work on the refugees crisis and Schengen, including identifying and developing project financing possibilities;
- making cross-cutting linkages to other policy areas including free movement of people, security, foreign policy and development;
- leading, coaching and motivating members of the EMD team;
- planning and organisation of related events in coordination with the events team;
- research and analysis laid down in EPC publications;
- chairing of EPC events & meetings;
- representing EPC at external events in the area of policy focus;
- contacts with the media;
- promoting the EPC to potential members and funders;
- reporting to the Director of Studies and the Chief Executive.
The successful candidate should have a solid academic background and more specifically:
- a strong motivation to develop innovative and, if necessary, challenging solutions to address the issues raised by the refugee and migration crisis for the EU;
- proven interest and experience in policy analysis of migration, asylum and integration policies at European and global levels, as well as in the development of cross-cutting analysis in the area of migration and populism;
- proven capacity to draft and present policy analysis at a high level;
- recognised expertise in their field (by their peers and policy makers) with a record of publications;
- capacity to network and to lead team work;
- enthusiastic interest in and commitment to European affairs;
- good network with European Institutions;
- entrepreneurial attitude towards partnership building and programme development;
- extensive relevant professional experience (more than 5 years other than internships), including people management experience;
- fluent in English and preferably in at least one other major European language.
Terms and conditions: Negotiable. This position is suitable for a free-lancer.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send by e-mail a motivation letter together with a CV and a list of publications to Ms Maral Bedrossian, [email protected] – Please mention EMD SPA
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*