GMF’s Washington, D.C. office seeks an intern to join the Executive Office in summer 2017. The job of the Executive Office intern is to assist the Assistant to the President in their support of the President and Executive Vice President. In addition, the Executive Office Intern will support Executive Team meetings and with GMF Board relations, for which the Assistant to the President is responsible.
The intern will work closely with all senior GMF staff and provide event assistance and research, logistical and administrative support as needed and irrespective of program. The internship is a unique opportunity to be in direct contact with the senior international policy community. The Executive Office intern can also benefit from the Washington foreign policy environment and attend various foreign policy-related events. The intern will be working with a database system and will therefore be provided with database training.
The Executive Office internship is unpaid , but offers an ideal opportunity to acquire substantive professional experience for those interested in a career in public policy or international affairs.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist Assistant to the President with Executive Office support. This includes, but is not limited to: travel booking, scheduling, communicating with high-level visitors with the utmost professionalism, preparing briefing materials, etc.
- Acting as internal point of contact (as needed) for GMF staff and coordinate external communications with meeting participants. Providing extensive policy and meeting research support to President and Assistant to the President, including daily work in German. Maintaining executive contact database. Completing administrative and logistical duties as assigned by the Assistant to the President. Assisting GMF staff with events.
- Fluency in English & German required. Proficiency in a third European language strongly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of transatlantic foreign and security policy. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) is essential. Familiarity with Adobe InDesign a plus. Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills; and must be creative, organized, committed and responsible. Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter. Experience in event management a plus. Experience in database systems preferred. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Start and Length of Internship:
- Preferred Start date: May 2017 (negotiable)
- Length of Internship: 3 – 4 months Hours: Full-Time (negotiable) Location: Washington, DC
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*