Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Positive Youth Development Specialist for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Guatemala. The overall goal of the Harnessing Emerging Political Leadership for an Accountable Guatemala project will be to incorporate youth from at-risk, high violence, urban marginalized communities that lack opportunities and youth who have been inspired by the political crisis to take a more active political role, with the goal of developing an inclusive, representative next generation of civil society and political leaders.
The Positive Youth Development (PYD) Specialist will provide technical leadership on key activities to promote civic and political engagement and youth development.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working on youth development, preferably in Latin America. Must have excellent track record of achieving results in positive youth development, particularly youth engagement and participation. Must have demonstrated high-level youth development and political leadership technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Master’s degree in relevant field (a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and an additional three years of experience could be substituted for a Master’s degree).
- Fluent in Spanish and it is preferred that the candidate has communication skills in English.
- Guatemalan or regional experience.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*