The Global Communications team is charged with increasing the IRC's visibility, to grow fundraising revenue and expand our impact. Our urgent mandate for 2017 (and beyond) is to significantly increase audience reach and engagement in digital channels. To achieve this, we've consolidated a set of core communications disciplines – digital content, video, social and web design and development - into a streamlined Digital Communications and Content group. This lean-and-mighty team is content-led, audience-centered and laser-focused on identifying innovative new outreach and engagement approaches for social, search, mobile and emerging digital channels.
The Producer, Multimedia Content is a new role within the Digital Communications and Content group, and is focused on gathering and packaging powerful mixed media content to connect audiences to IRC's work around the world. The role calls for a sharp reporter with outstanding storytelling and multimedia production skills (video, photography, graphics, etc.). The multimedia producer will be based at HQ in New York, but will travel to the field as needed to report and gather case studies and story assets.
Reporting to the Sr. Director for Digital Communications and Content, this role works seamlessly across the Communications and Marketing departments and helps colleagues stay abreast of emerging technology and evolving audience and business trends associated multimedia content
- Produce a broad range of compelling multimedia content designed to engage IRC's audience targets, including short-form videos, text-base explainers, data-based features and info-graphics, live events programming, and more.
- Cover the full arc of content development, working with colleagues from communications and marketing: Support pushes and campaigns by identifying unique story ideas and content opportunities; handle reporting and gather raw assets; transform material into brilliant pieces tailored for specific audiences and channels ( site, email, Facebook/Twitter, search, third-party and partner channels) .
- Communicate and work directly with the IRC's Field Communications staff as needed to develop stories and pieces; be prepared to travel to field sites to gather on-the-ground material.
- Work with channel editors for the site, social, and email to develop creative promotion and distribution strategies; craft brilliant, click-worthy headlines and ensure content is fully optimized for distribution in search and social channels.
- Use data and audience insights to set smart and measure-able goals for content pieces, and to assess their success. Participate in testing and optimization of content to increase learning about what works and what doesn't, and to improve results.
- Help to streamline and improve digital content operations; promote agile and flexible processes to support rapid delivery of world-class content across the IRCs global digital channels.
Key Working Relationships: Position Reports to: Sr. Director, Digital Communications and Content
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Collaborates with Communications Generalists; partners closely with Digital Marketing team (Creative; Donor Outreach; Donor Development).
External : May work with external editorial or design/production freelancers. Impact of work: Supports efforts to raise awareness for our brand and programs and to deliver fundraising revenue in support our IRC's mission.
Education: Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
Work Experience: Minimum:
- B.A. degree in journalism, communications, media production or related field.
- 3-6 years professional experience producing multimedia digital content for a news outlet or nonprofit organization. Strong interest in international affairs and humanitarian issues.
- Demonstrated ability to develop compelling multi-media packages (with some combination of photo, video, and graphic skills); some comfort with degree of comfort and proficiency with multimedia tools (DSLR camera, creative cloud products)
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills;
- Hands on experience with web-based publishing tools (e.g. CMS, Wordpress/blogs, Tumblr, Vimeo) and social platforms (Twitter, Instagram, YouTube).
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) tools and techniques.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team; comfortable collaborating with and channeling the multiple stakeholders involved in NGO communications projects.
- Eager to travel widely and willing to work unusual hours.
- Able to think quickly and creatively under pressure.
- Familiarity with a Drupal-based content management system
Working Environment (Optional): Standard work environment. 30-40% travel.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*