CFR's David Rockefeller Studies Program is one of the country's largest foreign policy think tanks with a widely respected and influential research staff. The Studies Program aims to advance the discussion of American foreign policy and international affairs through its writing, publications, public outreach, and discussions.
The Research Associate will work under the direction of the Maurice R. Greenberg Senior Fellow for China Studies.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Researching specific areas as requested by the fellow. Tracking both English and Chinese language news and data sources on U.S.-China relations, Chinese foreign policy, and regional security in Asia.
- Providing logistical and administrative support to the fellow, including handling correspondence, scheduling and calendar management, and responding to media and information requests
- Assisting with the proofreading and editing of articles, book chapters, and other written materials.
- Handling writing assignments, summarizing research findings, and composing business correspondence.
- Assisting the fellow with social media outreach, including publishing a blog, website, video, and/or using social media applications such as Twitter, Google+, etc., as needed.
- Coordinating events, including preparing invitations, making travel arrangements, scheduling, corresponding with speakers and presiders, helping to prepare background papers and materials for distribution, and providing other logistical support.
- Managing program finances, including preparing budgets and tracking monthly statements, monitoring grant information and writing reports and requests, creating and updating Excel spreadsheets, and preparing vouchers for reimbursement.
- Supporting other fellows and departments, upon request.
- Bachelor of Arts in international relations, political science or a related field, with high academic credentials and knowledge of defense and security issues in Asia.
- One or more year(s) related administrative and/or internship experience preferred.
- Advanced Mandarin Chinese language skills are required, with the ability to conduct research with Chinese language materials.
- Strong research, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and database management
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*