Reporting to the Head of IT, the Cyber Security Manager is responsible for providing expert technical support on Cyber Security for the business.
You will be part of a dynamic and growing IT team, which currently consists of 4 people.
This is a new position within the IT team. It will be the Cyber Security Manager’s role to understand the business’s needs and support Adam Smith International to achieve this through defining and developing a security strategy and solution. Additionally, you will provide expert knowledge and advice, innovation, governance, oversight and risk management to ensure that information security policies and standards are assembled for the respective business units, procedures and systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your IT career and join a successful and profitable company. There is great potential to develop your skills and knowledge, as well as mould this role and make it your own.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the IT team to further understand and respond effectively to overall business’s needs and to ensure focus on priorities;
- Engage with stakeholders on Cyber security matters;
- Create security management architecture for the business;
- Manage the delivery of full security of IT processes and procedures, ensuring compliance and best practice is adhered to Adam Smith International;
- Assist with the design enhancements and implementation of vulnerability management;
- Manage the delivery of security changes and improvements;
- Respond to, escalate and contribute to the management of security event and incidents;
- Manage vulnerabilities according to a risk based approach;
- Co-ordinate the engagement of specialist security consultancies such as penetration testers;
- Maintain the security awareness program for the business and IT department;
- Providing regular data security update to Senior Stakeholders on regular.
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our principles:
- Take responsibility (Accountability). Individually and collectively accountable for what we do.
- Always find a way (Resourcefulness). We think innovatively to reach a solution.
- Promote Quality (Excellence). We maintain and promote professional standards in everything we do.
- Commit to the Outcome (Achievement). We take pride in delivering our best to achieve results
We’ve built a culture to reflect our principles, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do. We offer the successful candidate a friendly environment and a chance to build your recruitment and Human Resources skills in a supportive environment.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates integrity and sensitivity to data handling, and who thrives in taking on new challenges. A Cyber Security Manager should have the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders within the business, have an analytical and logical mind. You should relish working in a team, should be innovative, energetic, positive and genuinely committed to achieving high standards.
The ideal candidate for this position will also have:
- A good undergraduate degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong time management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent customer service and highly collaborative approach.
- Pro-active and result focused approach.
- Experience working in IT or Cyber Security Management;
- Previous experience implementing privacy and information security programs;
- Experience developing custom scripts or tools for vulnerability scanning and identification;
- Managing complexity;
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act, working under SOX, FSA initiatives such as Treating Customers Fairly and the UK Government Cyber Essentials.
- Good understanding of IT including networks, operating systems, databases, and antiviruses;
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*