We are seeking a highly motivated and resourceful individual with outstanding organizational and communication skills, and ability to follow through and get things done with limited structure. The candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
The Program Coordinator is part of the Global Vaccines Delivery team (~12 people) and supports the larger vaccines program team (~130 people), which include global vaccines and country teams.
- The Program Coordinator will have 5 main areas of responsibility critical to the effectiveness and efficiency of CHAI' s vaccines delivery program:
- Develop and maintain tools & processes to facilitate program communication, coordination & management; e.g.;
- Coordinate and support regular communication and coordination process with vaccines country teams and within global vaccines team;
- Coordinate and support quarterly review process of vaccines program with country and program leadership;
- Maintain and develop program coordination resources (e.g., program contact and distribution lists, program and global team calendars);
- Help organize several program workshops and team meetings per year and coordinate all logistical aspects (e.g., arranging the meeting venue and accommodation, tracking related expenses and coordinating agendas for team meetings);
- Act as the safety & security focal point for the global vaccines team;
- Coordinate calls with many parties (internal and external) across multiple time zones, take meeting notes, and facilitate follow up on action items.
- Identify, organize and facilitate access to valuable internal and external knowledge for the vaccine program; e.g.
- Develop and update internal references (e.g., frequently used country data;
- Synthesize and disseminate news relevant to the vaccines program;
- Manage program’s resource library and shared folders;
- Support effective on-boarding of new staff;
- Support internal knowledge management efforts.
- Help prepare strong updates and reports to donors and CHAI management regarding vaccines work across all geographies; e.g.
- Help manage the process;
- Develop and disseminate resources for effective updating and reporting;
- Consolidate, edit and review material.
- Contribute, in collaboration with global team colleagues, to the successful planning and execution of programmatic projects to accelerate the introduction of the new vaccines, transform the vaccine delivery system and strengthen immunization management systems. Examples may include:
- Provide research and analytical support;
- Develop influential presentation materials work for Ministries of Health or global policymakers;
- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work in immunization.
- Support vaccines team management's efforts to strengthen program processes, effectiveness and team cohesiveness
- Nurture an inclusive, high-achieving work environment for all members of the Vaccines team;
- Support team survey and implementation of improvements to team processes, communication and collaboration (within global team, between global and country teams, across the program team);
- Develop and coordinate the execution of new approaches within the realm of communication, coordination, and knowledge management;
- Plan team-building activities to promote strong team morale and successful collaboration.
Other responsibilities as needed.
Through this work, the program coordinator will have a unique exposure to CHAI's distinctive approach to delivering impact and will learn about to broad array of critical issues to increase access to immunization in resource-limited setting.
- Outstanding academic credentials (with at least a Bachelor degree);
- Minimum 2 years work experience;
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with people of varied professional, cultural, and educational backgrounds;
- Strong work ethic, supported by commitment and follow-through;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Entrepreneurial mindset, the ability to work independently and the ability to take initiative in proposing and implementing new ideas;
- Ability to be effective and flexible in high-pressure situations, to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to set priorities;
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*