Concordia University Irvine offers a Masters of Arts in International Studies China (MAIS China) program that incorporates one-year salaried English teaching positions in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Kunming and their neighboring cities, which are among China’s most important historical, intellectual, cultural and financial centers. There are three concentrations to choose among: International Business, International Education and International Development.
The program starts with online courses during the 1st summer semester. Afterwards, you head to China and start living, working and studying. MAIS China offers international work experience, prepares you to conduct research for your thesis project, and immerses you in new culture.
Apply today and start your journey towards a global experience like no other!
• Monthly salary & housing/housing allowance
• Reimbursement of round-trip economy class ticket (China-US) upon completing contract
• Legal China work visa
Program at a glance:
• Master of Arts International Studies Degree with Concordia University Irvine
• Concurrent China employment in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Kunming, and other cities with full benefits
• Three concentrations: International Business, International Education and International Development
• Possible to complete in as little as 14-18 months
• TESOL certificate awarded at the end of 1st summer term
• Field thesis research in China
• Supervision and support from our representative office in China
• Cohort-based program that starts every summer
• No prior Mandarin language skills required
• No GRE/GMAT required
Post 9/11 GI Bill approved institution (BAH included)
• Confer bachelor’s degree before start of classes
• Minimum 2.75 GPA
• Native English speaker or equivalent
• Desire to teach in new cultural settings
• Prepared to learn, serve, and lead
• Possess cultural sensitivity, responsibility, diligence, resilience, independence, and ethical character
• Background clearance by FBI or equivalent for teaching/ interacting with students
Click here to view admission requirements.
Visit www.cui.edu/maischina for more information.
Contact: Marsha Castillo, Recruiter & Program Coordinator- [email protected]
We are still accepting applications for Summer 2017. Admission will be based on applicant's qualifications and space availability.