The position holder will provide leadership, support and oversight to World Relief Sudan’s development projects to ensure implementation is efficient and effective and meets the objectives of the projects, World Relief, partners and donors. S/he will also lead the country DME unit by establishing M&E and accountability systems as an integral part of the Country Program in line with the country strategic plan and meets the demands of all stakeholders.
S/he will be a member of World Relief senior management team and plays a central role in the design and implementation of country strategic planning.
Projects leadership and implementation
- Provide leadership, management, and clear strategic direction for ARC and Water for Sustainable Development projects;
- Ensure well-organized planning and implementation of projects activity;
- Oversee efficient use of resources and achievement of set results;
- Engage with team members, partners, and beneficiaries at all levels to monitor progress and revise the project approach as needed;
- Build project staff and partners capacity to properly implement activities and manage projects;
- Closely work with program manager, and project partners for implementation and modification of project activities;
- Liaise with the focal staff for consortium leader to ensure smooth communication;
- Identify key risks related to the projects and develop a comprehensive risk management plan.
- Lead in country development projects design and country strategic direction setting;
- Coordinate with project team and program manager and participate in proposal writing;
- Follow up on development projects call for proposals and inform the management for decision.
Projects Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Establish M&E system for development project;
- Ensure timely monitoring of WR development projects in Sudan and ensure donor compliance;
- Ensure timeliness and quality of internal and external reporting;
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication to donors;
- Supervise internal and external evaluation, and follow up on learnings;
- Conduct frequent field monitoring visits;
- Supervise regular data collection and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations;
- Record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way;
- Analyze and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data;
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant WR Project Managers and Partners;
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to WR’s monitoring and evaluation system and donor requirements.
External Representation & Communication
- Work with donors to ensure that the projects meet desired goals and objectives and to report on progress;
- Representation to external bodies (consortiums, donors and Project Coordination Unit);
- Contribute to external communications via articles for website or magazine;
- Maintain strong relationships with project donors and partners;
- Seek potential new donors and develop relationships with the potential donors.
Budget review, Financial Monitoring & Procurement
- Ensure that budget projections, spending, and reporting are in accordance with donors and WR requirements and coordinate programmatic and budget revisions;
- Work with finance to ensure coherence between proposal activities and budgets;
- Review and follow up monthly/quarterly project finance reports;
- Authorize procurement at the relevant level, and monitor field team compliance.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Lead in the development of the country strategy; ensuring linkage with organizational strategy and government strategies;
- Ensure new projects contributes to country and organizational strategies.
Organizational Development & Knowledge Management
- Maintain project database and filing of program information;
- Disseminate lessons learned and best practice across the organization;
- Contribute to development and application of WR systems and tools.
- Supervise development project Project Coordinators and M&E Coordinator;
- Ensure staff have annual performance plan and make sure that staff performance evaluation is conducted;
- Participate in recruitment of projects personnel for field activities implementation;
- Provides induction to project staff.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Desired: Master’s Degree and at least 4-years’ experience at the level of a program manager responsible for multi-sector integrated relief and development program is desired;
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field with six years’ projects management or M&E experience or related senior level field management experiences in a multi-sector, multi-funded development programs; including experience with a Contractor or international NGO;
- Previous experience working in conflict/transition and/or humanitarian crisis environments, preferably Sudan, and proven experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries;
- Familiarity and experience working with EU and DFID and other donor programs;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing project start-up and expansions, manages growth under limited time constraints as well as has been involved in program close-out;
- Strong skills managing a diverse team, including hiring, supervising, and training host-country local personnel;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting), and procurement;
- Experience with grant activity design, development, implementation and comprehensive monitoring and evaluation;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory; fluency in Arabic is desirable but not required;
- Excellent organization, communication, public relations and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical capacity.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*