WindEurope is the voice of the wind industry and is seeking an Analyst for Offshore Wind who will be responsible for implementing targeted actions in order to impact policy and political processes according to WindEurope objectives and strategy.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
In coordination with the Director of Public Affairs:
- Develop, strengthen and broaden an extensive advocacy network across the EU institutions, national authorities, international organisations and other stakeholders relevant to his/her area of expertise;
- Formulate policy recommendations for decision makers in order to improve political and legal frameworks for wind energy, especially at EU-level;
- Write policy positions papers, reports, presentations and general materials related to his/her specific areas of expertise;
- Participate in external events and perform presentations to promote and disseminate WindEurope's messages to external audiences;
- Participate and actively contribute to WindEurope events;
- Answer external stakeholders queries related to his/her area of expertise, policies and other wind energy related topics or WindEurope work.
- Collect technical information on his/her area of expertise in order to develop consistent an irrefutable arguments aimed at implementing effectively WindEurope strategy;
- Develop WindEurope Business Intelligence products and services on his/her area of expertise and contribute and improve other products and services;
- Work in close collaboration with external technical experts, and in case of contracted services, strictly follow the contract implementation under supervision of the Director of Public Affairs.
- Coordinate the technical content information of one or more WindEurope Working Groups , Task Forces or ad-hoc networks;
- Advise WindEurope members on relevant decisions and industry developments at national and EU level;
- Implement and execute membership services in line with WindEurope objectives and strategy.
- Contribute with content and participate in WindEurope projects.
- Follow WindEurope procedures and systems in place for effective management of the budget assigned to his/her division or function.
- At least one year experience in collecting, analysing data and providing recommendations in a European context, preferably around renewable energy. Experience in wind energy, especially offshore wind energy as a pre-requisite.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Science, Environment or Energy.
- Strong technical knowledge on offshore wind energy technologies and operations;
- Proven analytical and numerical skills;
- Ability to understand technical environment and societal issues related to wind energy;
- Sound understanding of EU energy legislation;
- Computer literate (MS Office, Outlook, website management, internet search engines);
- Additional software and modelling tools are an asset;
- Ability to engage with high level parties with excellent networking skills;
- Problem solving attitude;
- Strong ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Good time management and ability to prioritize;
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills;
- Thrives in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work as a team player as well as independently.
Excellent written and spoken English. All other EU languages are an asset.
- Competitive package;
- Challenging, international and enthusiastic environment;
- An opportunity to learn more about the wind energy sector while gaining working experience in a dynamic organisation.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter by 24th March 2017 with reference code: WindEurope/2017/07.
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*