The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and journalists to build the civic institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include anti-corruption, advocacy, business associations, corporate governance, democratic governance, access to information, the informal sector and property rights, and women and youth.
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager, Grants, Finance & Operations Department
The Operations Assistant works to ensure the regular functioning of CIPE’s office. This position is an integral part of the Operations team.
- The main liaison between CIPE and the building engineer, building security, maintenance and housekeeping;
- Facilitate the resolution of any building or staff maintenance issues;
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager and Officer for any after-hour Kastle security calls.
General Office Duties:
- Maintain the office disposable supply inventory, placing approved orders, receiving the goods and storing, as well as providing the necessary documentation for payment;
- Maintaining all physical inventory including IT equipment, furniture and office keys.
- Maintain the copiers in working order; including ordering needed supplies
- Maintain the postage machine in working order
- Maintaining, replenishing and distributing petty cash within CIPE’s guidelines;
- Maintain service vendor list and office related contracts
- Conduct thorough research and competitive price analysis in ordering and receiving office supplies, furniture, computers, IT equipment, cell phones, and other office equipment
- Facilitate the resolution of building management periodic maintenance and cleaning requests, such as window cleaning and trash removal; Staff maintenance requests; and regular cleaning of carpets and flooring
- Assist the IT Associate with the completion of basic office IT installations
- An integral member of the CIPE’s Safety and Security team;
- Assist the Operations Team to develop both a written manual and office security and emergency procedures for both DC and field offices.
- Procures and maintains safety and security related supplies including but not limited to shelter in place supplies at office and residence, smoke detectors and fire extinguishers, first aid kits, etc. Keeps supplies fresh.
File Management & Retention Practices:
- Maintain the CIPE off-site document storage inventory; facilitating shipment to, and receipt of any physical documents;
- Facilitate the use of the CIPE on-site storage rooms
- Assist the Receptionist with conference room set-up and serve as back-up to the Receptionist
- Process and manage regular vendor payment requests for supplies and vendors,
- Provide support to the organization -wide events and activities
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience preferred
- 2+ years office administrative support and/or related experience in an office environment;
- Ability to working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work with others in a positive and courteous manner;
- Ability to set priorities, organize time effectively and efficiently, work independently and to flexibly manage multiple projects;
- Strong verbal and writing skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of staff in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work on problems in a methodical and careful manner;
- Willingness to assist Operations team with staff training and/or group presentations; and experience working in a non-profit environment;
- Possess a curiosity and interest in current IT-field developments, especially in how they relate to continuation and enhancement of CIPE’s mission.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors and a variety of professionals in ensuring quality, cost efficient and timely work;
- Able to troubleshoot problems, while also identifying issues which need to be escalated or communicated to the supervisor;
- Courteous and professional demeanor with experience providing strong customer service;
- Strong IT skills in MS Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds required
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com; subject “OA-[YOURLASTNAME]”.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.