The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) promotes sustainable and equitable transport worldwide. ITDP is a nonprofit organization headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico and the United States. ITDP's programs focus on bus rapid transit, non-motorized travel, travel demand management, parking, transport policy and urban development. More information about ITDP can be found at www.itdp.org.
ITDP is seeking a full time Program Coordinator to join our New York City headquarters team. In this cross-functional role, the Program Coordinator will provide administrative support to the global program and U.S. team, as well as senior management at headquarters and will work on a variety of projects and programs. Primary duties include: assist in writing grant proposals and reports, plan and execute meetings and events, monitor program expenses and grant deliverables, drafting correspondence, making travel arrangements and coordinate resources. This is a unique opportunity to develop a broad-based operations skill set at an international NGO.
The Program Coordinator will report to the Director, Global and U.S. Initiatives. S/he will be expected to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with the senior leadership (CEO, COO, CPO), finance team, program staff, and communications and development teams. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker pursuing a nonprofit administration or philanthropy career with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, experience with nonprofits, event management, and budgets, as well as comprehension of office management systems and procedures.
Support for Global Programs (70%)
- Responsible for daily office logistics in coordinating programs, projects, and special events, including RSVP lists and budget tracking.
- Assist in the development of annual plans for programs, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Coordinate and track the development and processing of program grants and contracts to ensure timely receipt, approval, processing and payment.
- Assist in the management of fiscal operations including draft budget development, tracking expenditures, updating forecasts and monitoring budget vs. actual.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including knowledge of donor requirements to ensure compliance, along with related ITDP policies and procedures for project grants and contracts.
- Conduct specific research, draft materials for external communications such as reports, fact sheets, case studies, etc. and prepare presentations as needed in support of ITDP's programmatic work.
- Work with the global program and communications teams to promote programs via web and print, as well as help develop outreach plans, including contact management.
- Organize calls and meetings as needed both internally and externally.
- Pull together activity lists and progress reports for Board, funders and weekly update.
- Assist in organizing events and workshops, including outreach and follow-up.
- Set up consulting contracts, prepare expense reports and oversee program allocation for time sheets.
- Organize and facilitate study tours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Support for Headquarters (30%)
- Assist the COO and program directors in drafting MOUs, detailed implementation plans, quarterly and annual reports and contracts and agreements.
- Support senior management in organizing staff meetings.
- Produce ITDP social events and capacity building workshops.
- Serve as the back up to the front desk by answering phones, greeting guests and preparing conference spaces as needed.
- Set up consulting contracts and assist in managing deliverables, invoices and payment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years experience in nonprofit or philanthropic administration; internship experience is acceptable.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent command of Google Spreadsheets, Microsoft Office and computer database management systems.
- Collaborative with the ability to build strong relationships across programs and offices.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team across all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Fluency in a foreign language is desirable.
- Salesforce and/or database experience a plus.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience a plus.
- QuickBooks experience a plus.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*