The scope of this position is to provide overall staff administrative support for the work of the committee within the Institute that is the focal point for U.S. parties interested in the development, promulgation and use of globally-relevant standards for the electrotechnical industry. (The U.S. National Committee for the International Electrotechnical Commission, or USNC/IEC) This includes the development and implementation of USNC and ANSI positions in relation to the work of the IEC and to represent the interests of the US voluntary standardization and conformity assessment community.
The Program Administrator provides wide-ranging support to management while helping to administer USNC Technical Advisory Groups and Standing Committees which can include communications, training and public relations programs. The position also provides strong support for the USNC outreach activities held in conjunction with the annual IEC General Meeting and the USNC’s efforts to build a strong and effective interface with our members and international partners.
- Preparation and handling of meeting arrangements, agendas, minutes and action items resulting from meetings
- Provide support for the US Technical Advisory Groups (TAGs), Conformity Assessment Secretariats, and Task Forces including:
- Handling of general inquiries
- Preparation and dissemination of informational documents
- Maintenance of voting, records management and other administrative duties
- Direct and continuous interaction with related USNC Officers, Chairs, Secretaries, Experts, and other members
- Develop special studies and surveys, as necessary
- Represent ANSI and USNC as required at meetings and contribute to general public education and awareness regarding the functions of ANSI, the USNC and the overall national and international standards development processes
- Provide guidance on USNC procedures and processes, as well as attend meetings, if necessary, to assist USNC TAGs and USNC-held Secretariats in the successful advancement of US positions and responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of ANSI and USNC programs and publications to improve the performance of USNC TAGs and USNC-held Secretariats in international standardization
- Maintain close relations and work cooperatively with other ANSI staff where overarching international policy and/or USNC and IEC policy issues intersect with ISO or regional/bilateral policy issues
- Develop or contribute to the development of assigned programs and ensure adherence to annual budgets in all assigned program areas
- Keep supervisor informed of activities and developments in the areas of responsibility
- Perform other duties and carry out special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in project management, international relations, communications or related discipline; further study desirable.
- Two or more years of experience in organizing and conducting broad-based meetings and communications programs, including management and standards-related experience.
- Familiarity with ISO and/or IEC structure, activities and ISO/IEC Directives desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical abilities and creative problem solving.
- Excellent exercise of discretion and solid judgment operating in highly political environments.
- Proven competence and sensitivity in multi-stakeholder and multi-cultural dynamics and environments.
- Excellent organizational and operational skills.
- Strong ability to interact with other staff and external constituents as a team player.
- Willingness to develop familiarity with policy content of assigned program areas.
- Proficiency in various kinds of electronic communications.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and database management.
- Proficiency in multiple languages a plus.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*