The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an experienced campaign and grassroots professional to assist in our efforts to educate and inform U.S Congressional and Presidential candidates and campaign staff in the 2018 and 2020 election cycles, and expand our network of influential business, national security, humanitarian and foreign policy leaders that support a smart power approach of elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense. The position will reside in Washington, D.C.
- Research networks of influencers and prominent advisors of the current Administration.
- Assist Impact 2018 and 2020 initiatives by researching, monitoring, and tracking U.S. Congressional and presidential campaigns, and senior staff positions for engagement by USGLC network.
- Track and monitor statements and policy positions of elected officials and candidates both in formal policy documents, event appearances, and televised debates.
- Assist and support Field Team in the implementation and follow-up of all educational and advocacy efforts in specified states, including small and large-scale events and programs and on-going communications.
- Conduct and succinctly write research and memoranda for internal and external consumption in support of outreach activities.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in political science, public policy, international relations or another related field.
- One cycle of experience in a political campaign; Presidential, Senatorial, and/or Congressional campaign experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of international relations and interest in foreign policy.
- Interest and passion in political campaigns and elections.
- Highly organized and skilled communication abilities.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and flexible team environment.
- Willingness to schedule and support meetings with prominent state and political leaders.
Please email cover letter and resume to Matt Moore. Please reference "Outreach Assistant - Strategic Initiatives" in the email subject. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*