International SOS and Control Risks created an alliance combining our capabilities, infrastructure, and expertise in security assistance. We provide organisations with integrated risk management plans, strategies and responses (evacuation, repatriation effort) to protect their employees and help their business function more efficiently.
Welcome to International SOS, your world of opportunity.
We are currently recruiting a Regional Security Operations Manager on a permanent contract to join our team in Chiswick Park, London. The successful candidate will be a senior operational leader whose primary role is to direct and lead the security operation to ensure world class customer service and assistance. The RSOM is responsible for the operation and delivery of the security service within the region; this includes providing advice, assistance and consulting. The role supports the Regional Security Director in delivering consistent high quality operational planning, preparation and service delivery. This role has line management responsibility and requires travel.
Operational Service Delivery
- Lead the regions operation, guide all staff involved with the operational delivery
- Functional accountability for faultless operational response, ensuring that the Europe regions operations are always staffed with appropriately qualified and experienced professionals
- Responsible for operations resource allocation and task priorities for the region, guaranteeing balance of effort between Assistance and Assessment and across roles and geography (London and Paris Assistance Centres)
- Responsible for the on-going development and maintenance of a network of accredited security providers leveraging the capabilities of International SOS and Control Risks
- Operational delivery of regional advice and assistance 24/7 to internal and external clients
- Maintain awareness of the regional security situation through monitoring internal and external sources as well as maintaining relationships with internal regional experts
- In close cooperation with the Regional Security Information Manager, provide advice to the 24 hour desks on adjustment of country and city security travel advice
- In close coordination with Regional Security Manager Security Solutions, allocate resources for the delivery of security awareness training and evacuation planning across the region and, where personal expertise enables, outside of the region
- Responsible for the maintenance of Europe regions operational planning – including but not limited to maintenance of Concept of Operations Documents
Delivery of Consulting and Training Services
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the delivery of consulting and training services from a pipeline of work queued by Regional Security Manager Security Solutions
- Supporting the growth of the security business in the region through a focus on quality of service and support to sales and marketing efforts
- Responsible for the content and preparation of Paris and London Assistance Centre tours
- Risk management expertise
- Crisis management expertise
- People management and relationship skills
- Planning and execution of complex security operations
- Experience in security operations management: in military, government (officer or senior NCO), or private sector roles
- Business development, consultancy and sales experience
- Training delivery experience
- Undergraduate degree (or relevant professional training) in a field related to security or international relations studies.
- Excellent English required (spoken and written)
Here at International SOS we will offer you an interesting, varied and challenging career, where you will have the opportunity to experience working with a diverse range of people.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*