The Advocacy Associate will play an active role in developing and implementing ECDHR’s advocacy initiatives and strategies in Brussels aimed at advancing human rights and democracy in the Gulf region. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- To develop, coordinate and implement advocacy initiatives with different stakeholders in Brussels in order to raise awareness of human rights violations in GCC countries;
- To closely monitor the work of EU institutions and maintain contacts with the Members of the European Parliament, EU Member States’ representatives and European External Action Service officials;
- To compile reports, white papers, briefing memos, letters, and other advocacy materials;
- To serve as the primary point of contact for NGOs and think tanks, and represent ECDHR at coalition meetings, conferences, and events;
- To assist with administrative duties as needed;
- To hire and manage interns.
- 1-3 years of working experience, preferably in EU affairs, public policy and/or the non-profit sector;
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of advocacy strategies;
- Solid knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions, especially the European Parliament;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and French. German and Arabic would be a plus;
- MA in international relations, public policy, EU affairs, human rights, or related field a plus;
- Experience in research and report writing preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivation and focus on results.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and Cover Letter, by Friday 24 March at 12h CET.
The interviews will be held during the last week of March and the expected start date would be in the first or second week of April.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*