The European Students’ Union is looking for a creative and dynamic team player to fill the position of Project Manager at its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. The Project Manager will be in charge of projects which ESU is involved with as a partner and as a coordinator.
Responsibilities and areas of work
- Contribute to new project proposals preparation;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the projects under Erasmus+, Horizon2020 and other EU funding streams;
- Handle the logistics and all procedures of the projects;
- Managing and supervising the project budget and financial reporting;
- Coordinate and organise meetings, conferences, trainings and other project-related events, and prepare the necessary materials, including reports, presentations, agendas and minutes;
- Acts as a liaison between project coordinators and other people involved in the projects;
- Contribute to the dissemination efforts, for example by identifying relevant practices and drafting web articles;
- Regular reporting and communication with the donor institution(s).
Profile of the candidate
- A team player that is able to work within a multicultural environment;
- Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines. Can expect occasional travel to some events related to the project.
- Two to three years experiences in related positions and areas;
- A degree and/or comparable experience within the areas of project management and administration;
- Knowledge and/or experience of the funding programmes from different donors, such as EU’s Erasmus+ and Horizon 2020 or private foundations;
- Experience in event management;
- An excellent command of the English language (spoken and written);
- Good communication skills – written and verbal;
- Good ICT skills (MS Office, MS project, Google Drive, etc.);
- Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines;
- Coordination and team communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility;
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
The following knowledge and/or skills will be taken as advantage
- Knowledge of the European institutions and other target audiences related to higher education;
- Experience of working in/or with civil society, membership based organisations and general non-profit sector (volunteering included);
- Knowledge of one or more European languages is highly desirable, particularly French.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*