The END Fund is one of the world’s leading philanthropic investment vehicles. Since our inception in 2012, the team has mobilized over $75 million in private investments and by the end of 2016 has treated over 150 million people at risk of neglected tropical diseases. In a short time, the END Fund has established a strong track record in private philanthropic giving, technical expertise, advocacy and policy, working toward a vision to ensure people can live healthy and prosperous lives free of the risk of NTDs. The END Fund’s mission is to aid in bringing an end to five of the most prevalent neglected diseases (NTDs) among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. The END Fund accomplishes this by:
- Mobilizing and investing resources to where they can have maximum impact;
- Advocating for innovative, integrated and cost-effective NTD programs; and
- Facilitating private sector engagement to end diseases of neglect.
The END Fund’s strategic programming and priorities are in line with the global NTD community’s common roadmap to control or eliminate the most common NTDs. The END Fund has a special emphasis on sub-Saharan Africa and currently supports NTD programs in over 25 countries.
Following its rapid expansion and ambitious growth objectives, the END Fund is seeking to build out our communications team and is looking for a communications generalist to serve as our Associate, Communications. A natural team player, the successful candidate will enjoy working collaboratively to help execute a robust communications plan and manage the systems needed to carry out the mission of the organization.
- Manage website content including the END Fund blog and all web updates
- Work with the Director and third party vendors to ensure a successful platform migration and website refresh
- Support the External Relations team in the execution of email marketing
- In partnership with colleagues, ensure consistency of all externally facing numbers across digital and traditional media
- Pull and analyze data and analytics for the END Fund website, social media channels, and email and create reports for the board of directors, investors, and to inform strategy
- Manage the END Fund’s digital asset library (photos and videos), working with partners to ensure proper cataloging and supporting the Director in requests from third parties for assets
- Create interesting and informative content for regular publication across platforms
- Assist in the development of marketing and PR collateral
- Consistently update and lead on driving and maintaining a multi-channel communications content calendar
- Regularly update Google AdWords account to ensure maximum spending of Google Grants
- Coordinate and produce quarterly updates of country-specific one pagers
- Assist in managing the END Fund’s social media channels
- Serve as main communications point of contact for Salesforce
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 1-2 years experience managing digital channels (website, social media), data reporting, writing and/or editing for the web, ideally in a public interest/cause-related organization
- Exceptional ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct and lively style
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, especially writing and content creation
- Experience in the use of content management systems (Wordpress, Drupal, SiteFinity, HTML)
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google AdWords preferred
- Experience with graphic design and video software preferred
- Detail oriented project management skills
- Familiarity with global health issues, and NTDs specifically, and/or an appetite and interest to learn
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a collaborative team
Please email resume, cover letter, and salary expectations with Associate, Communications in the subject line.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*