The Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL) is an international network and alliance of national and regional cancer leagues from all over the extended Europe with members from Israel to Iceland. We have a close collaboration with MEPS with an influence on oncology topics. Our vision is for a Europe Free of Cancers.
The Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL), a pan-European NGO, has an immediate vacancy for a full-time Policy and Project officer.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The ECL Policy and Project Officer would be responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinate working group and policy activities, specifically the ECL Patient Support Working Group, the MEPs Against Cancer (MAC) group at the European Parliament, and the new Equal Access to Medicines Task Force. The Officer will work with ECL members to develop strategies and workplans, organise meetings, take minutes, draft reports, provide EU and other policy monitoring and follow-up etc.);
- Coordinate ECL support for external policy activities initiated by other organisations such as ECCO, EADV, SFP, UICC, IDF, etc.;
- Communicate with ECL members and sponsors;
- Assist with preparation of annual meetings: conference and general assembly;
- Attend and report back on external meetings;
- Other tasks as needed in a small office.
- Able to take initatives, responsibility and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent networking and communication skills;
- Available to travel six or more times a year in Europe;
- Formal education in a related field, such as International Relations, European Affairs, Public Health or business;
- Fluent spoken and written English;
- Able to get along in small team environment;
- Able to take minutes and write reports for meetings;
- Authorised to work in Belgium/EU; and
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Publisher etc.).
- Two or more years’ relevant experience working in one or more relevant areas: health, policy, international cooperation, NGOs;
- More than a year of experience in policy formulation and implementation in a health related field;
- Experience in drafting briefing documents;
- Fluent in one or more European languages;
- University degree;
- Experience working in the pan-European context;
- In-depth understanding of, and some experience working with the European institutions; and
- Educational background or professional experience in the health field.
Terms of employment:
This is a permanent position subject to an initial six-month probational period. The Officer will split his/her time between offices at Meiser and at rue Belliard (near the EU institutions), both in Brussels.
Starting date: ASAP
Provide the following in your application (incomplete applications will NOT be considered):
- Cover Letter describing why you would be suitable for this job (one A4 page);
- Writing sample in English (3 pages) on the following:
- How would you lobby for cancer issues with the EU institutions (2 pages);
- Summary report on a meeting you recently attended with recommendations for future actions (1 page).
- Curriculum vitae with 3 references; and
- Salary requirements.
Please forward your application by e-mail: [email protected] by 23 April 2017 (no telephone calls accepted):
Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL)
479 Chaussée de Louvain
1030 Brussels, Belgium
Shortlisted applicants will be informed by 28 April. Interviews will take place in Brussels 3-4 May.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*