The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is currently seeking applicants for a part-time project assistant to work with NDI’s Partnerships Manager in San Francisco, California.
In a rapidly changing world, democratic institutions must become more innovative in adapting to new technology and evolving citizens expectations. The San Francisco-based representative supports NDI’s Governance Team which serves as a resource and adviser for NDI’s field country programs on innovative governance practices.
- Update computerized database of experts and trainers;
- Assist with organizing international conferences;
- Draft blog posts and contribute to Governance team social media accounts;
- Research issues related to new media trends including disinformation and democracy; and
- Support the NDI Governance Team on other tasks as needed.
- Just out of school, or still in school. Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in development studies, public policy, international affairs, political science or a related field.
- Want exposure to the international interest community in the Bay Area. You are looking for new opportunities and want to learn more about organizations and individuals supporting international development in the Bay Area.
- Great at dealing with people. Exceptional interpersonal and diplomatic skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, US and foreign government personnel, foreign dignitaries and NGO community;
- Able to juggle. Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Care about details. Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
This is a paid internship. The intern will work at Code for America downtown San Francisco office. Applications are now being accepted to fill a position as soon as possible.
Non-U.S. citizens applying for internships and entry level positions based in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*