Nurture Project International is seeking a Security & Risk Manager to serve as the primary focal point for safety and security for all global projects.
- Provide technical support to the field in the following areas:
- security/risk assessments;
- scenario planning, security plan development;
- crisis/contingency planning; and
- other security-related functions.
- Develop and update security plans, business continuity plans and crisis management plans, and policies and procedures, in accordance with best practices and ensure their implementation;
- Provide advice and counsel to management on matters relating to employee and property safety and security;
- Investigate all safety, security and risk management related issues;
- Develop and facilitate security and safety training online and in field offices;
- Conduct training needs assessment with key stakeholders resulting in increased safety, security and risk management capacity; and
- Monitor security conditions and liaise and coordinate with external agencies - private security contractors, UN, peacekeeping missions, NGO coordinating bodies, local governments, etc.
To be successful, the candidate must have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Criminal Justice, or related area or ability to demonstrate a work-based equivalent;
- NGO security, military or law enforcement background;
- Strong knowledge of security management in complex environments;
- Experience working in conflict and post-conflict settings;
- Experience with Private Security Companies and Contractors;
- Experience conducting training for small groups;
- Comprehensive knowledge of regional security issues. (e.g. Europe and Middle East)
- Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns and appropriate responses to such emergencies;
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional communication skills for explaining complex security concerns, policies, protocols, and procedures to senior management, employees, consultants, volunteers and consistently apply them at all levels;
- Written and spoken fluency in English required; second language a plus; and
- Willingness to travel to post-conflict and high-risk environments as required.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*