What part will you play?
CNN Politics is looking for visual storytellers to help us make politics and policy accessible to our digital and social audiences. Qualified candidates will be interested in polling and data and be able to translate numbers into visually engaging stories and social media posts.
What will you be doing?
- Tells politics stories visually
- Has a strong knowledge of and interest in data that can be applied to politics and policy
- Can deconstruct complicated issues and make them visually accessible to a mass audience
- Generates story ideas
- Contributes to special features and stories
- Can navigate content management systems
- May write and edit stories that are trending or based on breaking news or new priorities - Focus on growing social engagement on existing and new social platforms
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of the professional function
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Receives work in the form of short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment
- Work is subject to regular supervisory review at regular intervals
- Operates within the context of defined procedures
- Typically has 4 or more years of progressively complex related experience
- College Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Content management system experience on desktop web and mobile
- Native Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and social messaging app user
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*