HIAS seeks a passionate and motivated intern to work with the Community Engagement team to build the Jewish response to the refugee crisis. S/he assists in projects to engage Jewish audiences in advocacy, volunteering, and educational events.
The position is unpaid but may be pursued for academic credit. A semester or quarter commitment is required.
- Supports advocacy initiatives to raise a Jewish voice in support of refugees, such as campaign events and in-district meetings.
- Creates materials, such as guides and factsheets, to enable the Jewish community to advocate effectively for refugees.
- Assists with management of data related to the involvement of rabbis, synagogues, volunteers, and advocates.
- Supports recruitment and engagement of HIAS Welcome Campaign synagogues.
- Provides assistance to the HIAS/CIVIC letter-writing program to asylum-seekers in detention.
- Monitors and reports on Jewish community engagement with refugees.
- Performs other duties related to program development, grassroots outreach and data management.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- Experience working with the Jewish community strongly preferred; social justice experience strongly desired.
- Excellent written and oral skills; ability to prioritize, multi-task between administrative and programmatic issues, and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, and strong organizational skills.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*