The Program Analyst will support PPL’s Office of Development Cooperation by providing a range of administrative and mid-level technical support in order to facilitate the effective achievement of programmatic goals. He or she will take technical direction from the Director of the Office of Development Cooperation.
The ideal candidate is well-organized, detail-oriented, highly flexible and willing to work under conditions of ongoing change. S/he places a premium on building and maintaining positive relationships with team members and with key stakeholders both in and outside of the Bureau. S/he is a proactive, motivated employee who can work well independently as well as on teams. The candidate will be involved in exciting, high-profile events that may involve tight timelines.
- Gather information, monitor, analyze, and report on development cooperation data and developments
- Draft policy/analytical papers, reports, briefing papers, summaries, presentations, correspondence and outreach materials, and other written documents
- Identify and/or analyze information needed to formulate development strategies and policy and translate into user-friendly formats
- Provide advice and guidance to PPL/DC’s Financial Economist and PPL Leadership on steps USAID can take to further implement its commitment to the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) and other aid transparency requirements, and works with intra-agency colleagues to help formulate and implement the necessary reforms.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships to accomplish office objectives
- Perform outreach and communication with internal and external stakeholders both orally and in writing
- Support PPL staff with editing, processing and clearing of documents, including document tracking and filing
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree; economics, international relations, political science, or related fields preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and skill in applying basic statistical and other qualitative analytical methods and techniques
- Advanced technical skills in MS Excel
- Seven years of experience working in a related position
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*