Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Coordinator, under the guidance of the GSOC Manager, is responsible for monitoring the security of Corning’s employees, facilities, and property worldwide. The purpose of this position is to detect, analyze and alert others regarding all-hazardous threats to the corporation and its employees; these threats may include extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, terror, infrastructure failures, etc. The GSOC Coordinator also provides alarm monitoring, dispatch communications, emergency response, and incident notifications, including escalation of major incidents to senior corporation management.
- Professionally represent Corning Incorporated and the Global Security Division by performing duties including, but not limited to:
- Communicating directly with Corning employees around the world as a primary first-contact/first-report for all questions and concerns pertaining to security
- Gathering security and threat information from multiple open-source intelligence services using a variety of web-based and in-house tools
- Conducting risk analysis, and providing proactive guidance to travelers, expatiates, and facility management
- Global monitoring of company assets, including alarm response with dispatch of emergency and/or security services
- Compiling situational and after-action reports for both security and company management
- Providing as-needed support for various security operations, crisis response and business continuity functions
- Performing business functions such as document drafting and revision, data tracking, budget forecasting and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business/Political Science/International Relations)
- Or Associate degree with 2+ years’ experience in a related field
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong team player with a professional interpersonal style
- Aptitude for clear and effective writing under time-sensitive conditions
- Superior telephone and face-to-face verbal communication skills, including experience clarifying information in a friendly and positive manner
- Flexibility to work all shifts and a willingness to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime
- Ability to establish priorities, multitask, work independently, and complete objectives in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Sound operational judgment
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Comfortable in a high-tech work environment, with constant learning of new tools and processes
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Broad geopolitical awareness, knowledge of international events, and cultural sensitivity
- Experience conducting research and acquiring and analyzing data
- Technical writing experience
- 2nd language – Mandarin, Korean, German, French, Spanish or Portuguese
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*