What part will you play?
- The GPS Editorial Producer is responsible for booking guests, making pitches, and handling newsmaker requests for Fareed Zakaria GPS.
- This individual is the show's booking representative and is responsible for keeping consistent the quantity and quality of bookings for our weekly show in addition to special projects.
What will you be doing?
- Conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews
- Researches and pitches interesting and urgent stories
- Works contacts for long term booking opportunities
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Job may require limited travel
What do we need from you?
- A qualified candidate for this position must have 3+ years journalism or production experience.
- A proven interest in world affairs and a strong knowledge of current events is mandatory.
- Research skills are essential to this position.
- This candidate must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong.
- Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Conversational ability or fluency in other languages a plus.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*