Position: Program Assistant, Middle East and North Africa
Reports To: Senior Program Officer, Middle East and North Africa
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and journalists to build the civic institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include anti-corruption, advocacy, business associations, corporate governance, democratic governance, access to information, the informal sector and property rights, and women and youth.
The Program Assistant for the Middle East and North Africa is responsible for providing program and administrative support for CIPE’s programs for the Middle East and North Africa region, with specific emphasis on Turkey and non-Arab Middle/Eastern Countries.
· Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs or related field required
· 1-2 years of administrative office experience
· Background in international affairs and/or the Middle East with an emphasis on political and economic issues
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills in English
· Superb writing abilities
· Ability to work in a team environment and independently with minimum supervision
· Strong research skills and demonstrated interest in MENA
· Strong coordination skills
· Articulate, well-organized, and is able to take the initiative and lead on small projects as needed
· Ability to handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
· Good financial acumen and ability to assist with project budgets
· Skilled at prioritizing and completing multiple tasks
· Farsi (Persian) and/or Turkish language skills preferred, but not essential
· Strong Computer skills, proficiency in MS-Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook. Internet research skills are highly desired
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a resume or CV, cover letter, one writing sample, and salary history to [email protected], subject MENAPA – [Your last name]. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
There is a two-page limit on the writing sample. Submissions demonstrating writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.