Teledyne Microwave is your single source for microwave electronics. Teledyne Microwave Solutions (TMS) delivers the world's most advanced microwave technologies for demanding aerospace, military, commercial and industrial applications.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email [email protected] or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Teledyne Technologies has an exciting opportunity for an Trade Compliance Administrator2 to join our Trade Compliance function. This opportunity provides exposure and visibility in the field of Export/Import operations and its strategic impact on global growth and success. As a key focus organization in Teledyne Technologies, this opportunity has solid career growth potential as our business expands globally.
Job Description: This position reports to the Trade Compliance Manager for the Teledyne Microwave Solutions business unit and will be located in Mountain View, CA. This position will support the location in managing imports/exports, interacting with all of the various functional areas, and Teledyne’s Corporate International Trade Compliance office. The role demands a strong import/export trade expertise with exceptional communication and collaboration skills. The position will
- Follow standard operating procedures to ensure full compliance with import and export regulations;
- Provide advice and guidance to employees associated with international transactions;
- Support appropriate management accountability and responsibility for trade compliance;
- Be responsible for securing the necessary documents and licenses to facilitate speedy and lawful conduct of Trade Compliance business;
- Review custom product (non-standard) contracts for Import/Export regulatory requirements;
- Provide interpretations, advice and updates of U.S. and foreign Customs regulations;
- Identify potential areas of import/export compliance vulnerability and risk within the organization; work to appropriately evaluate, investigate and mitigate potential risks along with the Corporate Trade Compliance Office;
- Coordinate all U.S. Customs import and export activity for organization and report any detentions, seizures, audits, inquiries, or investigations to Corporate immediately;
- Coordinate activities with freight forwarders and Customs brokers for export and import documentation;
- Ensure product classifications are accurate;
- Coordinate all record keeping requirements;
- Support internal or external Trade Compliance audits;
- Identify Trade Compliance training needs within organization;
- Conduct periodic self-assessments and implement corrective actions, as required;
- Assist in ensuring all external facing product information is export compliant and/or cleared for public release;
- Be a positive, proactive force for continued growth and profitability of the business through team work and problem solving.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with US Customs Regulations and ACE
- Experience with Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and knowledge of SNAP-R
- Excellent English business writing and speaking skills
- Detail oriented with strong sense of urgency
- 2+ years’ experience in business, international relations, political science, supply chain or related field
- Experience with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and knowledge of OCR
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple business functions for success
- Sincere interest in field of Export Import operations and its strategic impact on global success
- Excellent customer relationship/interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal customers
- Willing to take on challenges and accept stretch assignments
- Continuous improvement mindset
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*