- Represent ECIU in European policy debates;
- Prioritise and advise on European policies that relate to education, research and innovation and are relevant to the network. Communicate policy developments to the member universities of ECIU;
- Proactively draft formal and informal positions to EU consultations, taking into account ECIU member universities’ positions;
- Organise relevant meetings and events for the member universities;
- Support ECIU delegations in their activities relating to European policies and their relationship with officials of the European institutions;
- Liaise with strategic partners and networks;
- Identify funding opportunities for ECIU network development activities, provide conceptual outlines for potential projects which could strengthen the ECIU collaboration.
- At least Master level education;
- Broad knowledge of European policies relating to research, innovation and higher education;
- A knowledge of R&I funding instruments of the European Commission and their evolution;
- Ability to work for a member-based university network and manage consensus forming around positions;
- Network and relationship development skills;
- Experience in monitoring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating policy statements;
- Excellent written, verbal and social media communication skills, including a proven ability to articulate complex policy issues in clearly written English;
- High level consultation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent planning, organisational, conceptual, research and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently, exercise judgement and solve problems, demonstrate initiative and work productively as part of a team;
- Computer literate and effective in the use of the internet, email and word processing, spreadsheets and simple web page editing.
The position will be a fixed-term contract with one of the ECIU member universities. We offer a competitive remuneration based on experience of the candidate.
- Motivation letter, 1 page;
- CV, up to 3 pages;
- Essay including a SWOT analysis (Max. 2 pages, on the opportunities for ECIU in a European policy setting).
Please use the application form to send us your motivation letter and CV.
For more information please contact mr. R.J. Vermeij (phone +31534895687, email [email protected]).
Acquisition by third parties is not appreciated.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*