Sustainable Urban Mobility Program Manager
- Support local governments, especially ICLEI Members, in the transformation towards low carbon, resilient and ecomobile cities;
- Liaise with all ICLEI offices on sustainable urban mobility;
- Develop, fundraise for and coordinate (multi-year) projects and event series on sustainable urban mobility/EcoMobility, in close coordination with ICLEI regional offices;
- Design and deliver training modules on sustainable urban mobility;
- Position ICLEI’s mobility work in the international discussions on sustainable urban development, especially in the climate change debate;
- Manage ICLEI’s EcoMobility Alliance as a global network of cities and partners, develop further services and help to amplify the work of the Alliance;
- Design and coordinate future EcoMobility World Festivals and EcoMobility congresses; acting as partner to interested host cities;
- Support the further development of ICLEI’s strategy, tools, approaches and membership services and help securing their financing;
- Liaise with partners and enlarge ICLEI’s partnership on sustainable urban mobility;
- Produce or supervise the production of knowledge products, including newsletter, fact sheets, reports, media releases, website etc. concerning sustainable urban mobility;
- Represent ICLEI and address international policy fora, meetings and events specifically when concerning sustainable urban mobility;
- Manage the EcoMobility team in the ICLEI World Secretariat.
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Urban Transport, Urban Planning, Urban Infrastructure, Civil Engineering, or similar;
- Knowledge of current policies, planning concepts and and state-of-the-art solutions in low-carbon and resilient urban sustainable transport;
- Connectedness, own network of transport/mobility professionals;
- 6-8 years of working experience related to urban mobility;
- 3-5 years of experience in project acquisition and development, preparation of funding proposals, project coordination (including project budget responsibility).
The successful candidate:
- is aware of and is dedicated to driving innovative, low-carbon, resilient, resource-efficient, future-oriented urban infrastructure solutions;
- shows enthusiasm for EcoMobility urban transport options, especially active transport (walking, cycling, wheeling), public transport innovations, light electric vehicles, and shared mobility;
- has a sober and analytical view on automatization and autonomous operations of vehicles in urban transport;
- is pro-active with an organized working style and strong project coordination skills;
- shows creativity in communicating ICLEI’s message to public policy makers, planners, business partners, investors and the broader public;
- is proficient in oral and written English; further languages are an asset (especially German);
- is proficient in office and presentation software and experienced in, or open to learn using, web content management systems (Wordpress and Typo3).
Terms and conditions:
The position is available from June 2017 at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany. The duration is currently planned until 31 December 2018 with a possible extension, given good performance and availability of project funds.
The candidate filling the position will report to the Deputy Secretary General.
The position is envisaged to be filled as “Sustainable Urban Mobility / EcoMobility Program Manager”, which is reflected in the responsibilities described above. In the case that this position cannot be filled through the pool of applicants, ICLEI would consider to alternatively employ a “Senior Officer, EcoMobility” and the applicants from this posting would be considered and contacted.
ICLEI is offering an annual salary of 40,000- 46,000 EUR before tax and social insurance deductions for the full-time position. The final salary will be determined based on the skills and experience of the shortlisted candidate.
Workings hours: 40/week
30 days of paid leave per year for a full-time position
International travel will be required. Communication with partners around the world may require work outside of normal office hours.
Working language: English
Due to legal requirements, applicants must be eligible to obtain an appropriate work permit for Germany prior to the start of the position.
By email to [email protected] Please include “EcoMobility Program Manager” in the subject line and send us:
a letter of motivation
your recent CV (3 pages at most)
portfolio of previous project coordination work
writing samples of any published work (not thesis work) relevant to urban mobility
indication of salary expectation
indication of possible start date
- indication of citizenship (and if non-EU, whether you are holder of a work permit for Germany)
Please note that applications received after the deadline cannot be considered.
In order to support the evaluation via interview, shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a written test relevant to the job content prior to the interview.
Kindly note, that applications are reviewed continuously upon arrival, therefore submitting your application as soon as possible is advisable.
The ICLEI World Secretariat shall only contact those applicants shortlisted for this position.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2017
ICLEI World Secretariat Kaiser-Friedrich-Strasse 7 53113 Bonn
Phone: +49-228 / 97 62 99 00 Fax: +49-228 / 97 62 99 01 [email protected]
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*