The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its General Secretariat (SG) - Governing Bodies (GB) - Linguistic Services (LING) - German Language Unit (DE) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Translator/Reviser (German main language).
This is a temporary replacement assignment of 2 years
The (Senior) Translator/Reviser translates texts from English and/or French and/or potentially other source languages into German and provides assistance to the Head of Unit. He/she works in a team of nine translators who make up one of the six units of the Linguistic Services Division and who contribute to meeting the Bank's institutional translation requirements.
Specific post environment and Operating network
The (Senior) Translator/Reviser reports directly to the Head of the German Language Unit under the overall supervision of the Head of the Division for Linguistic Services.
The (Senior) Translator/Reviser will be responsible for:
- Translation of texts from English and/or French and/or potentially other source languages into German (mainly documents for the Board of Directors and texts for publication in print and on the website of the EIB);
- Revision of translations from English and/or French and/or potentially other source languages into German produced by in-house staff and freelance translators Proofreading;
- Active contribution towards enhancing the terminological entries in the Division's terminological data base (Multiterm);
- Contribution towards good maintenance and management of the Unit's translation memories.
- University degree as a translator (very good knowledge in the fields of economics, business administration, finance and/or banking will be an asset) or in economics or business administration;
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a translator/reviser in a national or international institution or in a private sector translation service (preferably in banking or finance);
- German as a main language. Excellent knowledge of English and French. Knowledge of other languages of the European Union (preferably Spanish or Italian) would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of the standard office tools, particularly MS Office tools, and of electronic translation tools (among which preferably SDL Studio) and general knowledge in the latest updates on that market;
- Knowledge of the tasks and activities of the Bank would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals;
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes;
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns;
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation's needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation's mission, policies and rules.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*