The Visa Liaison Officer provides support to the Government by performing information functions, analysis, policy development, and accountability functions and prepares letters, reports and specialized correspondence with high attention to detail and accuracy.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Manage individual portfolios by region and/or policy issue. The Government Managers assign portfolios and may change subjects or portfolios as required.
• Conduct research on visa cases and policy issues by gathering information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: visa applications, supporting documents, the internet, telephone calls, and government, commercial, FAM, and open source databases. Write recommended findings in a clear and concise manner that summarizes the information gathered and identified during research.
• Manage approval and clearance process of documents or deliverables independently.
• Draft complex correspondence, regulations, reports, and other documents for internal and external use.
• Participate in consular outreach activities including, but not limited to: travel shows, professional meetings and conferences, and university events, and interagency meetings.
• Utilize phone and email to resolve questions with applicants and others
• Data enter and look up files as required.
• Answer and resolve inquiries from consular officers, visa applicants and their representatives or agents.
• Assist the Government with Congressional, Headquarters, and White House inquiries, complaints, and service issues.
• Liaise in-person, via email, and phone with embassies, consulates, and other high-level foreign country personnel.
•A Top Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client and must be maintained throughout the project duration. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least four (4) years of written and oral communications in an office environment, including,
• At least two (2) years of policy development, international relations, legal, and/or foreign service,
• Four (4) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS SharePoint, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
• 1 year of specialized experience communicating effectively and confidently across organizations.
• (Preferred) Advanced knowledge and understanding of the laws, rules and regulations pertaining to eligibility for and issuance of a U.S. visa
• Communicate effectively and confidently with high-level executives
• Superior organizational skills and work ethic
• Ability to manage projects at an HQ level
• Effectively and politely interface with public
• Excellent customer service, written, and oral communications skills
• Ability to interpret and apply complex regulatory material
• Ability to work independently and/or as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels
• Successful completion of a company background investigation, including criminal, education, employment, credit and driving record checks.
What you can expect from us:
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*