Reporting to the Director, Institutional Relations and working as part of an international team of ten fundraising professionals, the Director, Program Development will be responsible for leading RA’s fundraising efforts related to bilateral and multilateral agencies. He/she will manage a distinct donor portfolio with the goal of meeting short-term revenue targets and adding to the long-term pipeline of government funding for future years. This position plays a key role in building relationships with donor agencies, partners and contractors and works closely with field staff to develop high quality proposals and reports. The Director, Program Development will be a key leader in the Development Department, collaborating closely with Leadership as well as senior program and finance staff.
- Responsible for budgeting of government revenue line and ensuring that team meets these annual goals;
- Lead the development and implementation of RA’s overall strategy to win bilateral and multilateral funding with specific fundraising targets identified for the short and long term;
- Engage regularly with contacts at key donor agencies to stay apprised of bilateral and multilateral funding programs and opportunities in the areas of international development, poverty alleviation and environmental conservation;
- Write, adapt and edit proposals and concept papers for international field projects and programs;
- Carefully manage all funders and prospects in his/her portfolio, tracking budgetary projections for each within donor database;
- Work closely with colleagues on the institutional relations team who are based in New York, Washington D.C., and London to coordinate on larger fundraising strategies and ensure complementary actions; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree a plus;
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience of program development/government fundraising with proven track record of securing seven and eight figure gifts from bilateral and multilateral agencies;
- Strong budgeting and people management skills;
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, work environment–preferably within a global organization;
- High degree of organizational skill, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team member;
- Spanish language fluency strong preferred;
- Experience with/knowledge of conservation and/or community development issues preferred;
- Must be a strong writer that is detail oriented, resourceful, and able to work under tight deadlines;
- High degree of skill in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required; and
- Experience with Salesforce or Luminate preferred.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*