EOS – the European Organisation for Security, www.eos-eu.com - is a Belgian organisation operated not for profit which represents the interests and expertise of 45 major European private stakeholders from 14 European countries developing and/or providing security technology solutions and services in all relevant domains of the European economy (ICT, cyber-security, crisis management, counter-terrorism, transport, services and research) originating from different European countries.
Crisis Management Project Manager (Brussels based)
You will be required to:
- Coordinate and contribute to European funded projects in the area of civil protection and crisis management.
- Set up consortia and contribute to proposal-writing for calls launched by the European Commission or Agencies for specific studies or EU-funded research and innovation projects, upon demand of EOS Members, and when such proposals might support the activity of the EOS working groups.
- Lead the reflection of the relevant working groups towards the definition of new EU-funded project topics related to civil protection, to be proposed to the European Commission or relevant agencies for their future Work Programmes.
- Conduct research on Crisis Management issues and liaise with the Crisis Management policy manager on policy and research updates.
- Contribute to the support and implementation of policies emerging from the European Union (EC, EP) and propose strategies and / or activities accordingly.
The Crisis Management Project Manager reports directly to the EOS R&I Coordinator and the Administration Director.
- Between 1-2 years of experience in managing EU-funded projects (FP7 and H2020 among others.) and proposal-writing.
- Management and knowledge of finances on EU funded project is an asset.
- Experience in research, policy and/or business relationships with EU bodies for a minimum of one year.
- Knowledge or handling of sensitive information / research is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of European Institutions’ mechanisms and European funding schemes is required.
- Good understanding of European policies in the field of civil protection as well as crisis management is an asset.
- Ability to network and build relationships with external organisations is an asset.
- The individual must be proactive, flexible, and work well in a team.
- IT-skills: advanced use of MS Office as well as Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel; knowledge on visual tools is an asset.
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills; ability to work in other European languages is an asset.
- Quick, clear and concise drafting and reporting skills is required.
EOS offers a challenging and interesting position with real development opportunities.
Approximate starting date: June 2017.
Please e-mail your CV and motivation letter. Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*