In consultation with the Executive Director, coordinate the day-to-day operations of the German branch of the International Engineering Program (IEP), an innovative and interdisciplinary academic program with approximately 190 students enrolled in the program and two partner universities in Germany. Expand partnerships with universities and corporations as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinate the day-to-day operations of GIEP, including oversight of GIEP international relations and coordination of students’ international study and experiential learning opportunities.
Oversee GIEP relations with partner universities, develop new relations, and assist GIEPstudents in the application processes associated with participation in GIEP academic exchanges.
Liaise with existing partner companies in Germany to create internship opportunities for GIEP students in those countries.
Assist GIEP students in the preparation of effective German and English versions of resumes and cover letters for internship and job searches in the United States and Germany.
Assist GIEP students in the visa application processes for study and internships in Germany.
Organize workshops for GIEP students in order to prepare them to participate more successfully in study and internships abroad.
Assist incoming students from GIEP partner universities with academic, registration and housing concerns.
Liaise with faculty from the College of Engineering and with private companies in order to create research and internship opportunities for students and scholars from GIEPpartner universities, and collaborate with the Office of International Students and Scholars in order to complete the necessary paperwork for their visas.
Oversee record management and data about current and former students for program development and for the IEP annual report.
Assist in program outreach activities such as high school recruitment, Welcome Day, prospective student visits, and participation in the Colloquium on International Engineering Education.
Organize and write presentations for workshops and for IEP Advisory Board Meetings.
Assist the Executive Director in fundraising and in the preparation of grant applications.
Coordinate GIEP project evaluation activities, providing analysis and feedback to the Executive Director.
Facilitate German Mentor program in the IEP Living Learning Community.
Access students German language skills prior to the study abroad experience and after their return for language and cultural gains.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist in the planning of conferences and seminars, such as the International Engineering Colloquium.
Represent the program at conferences as needed.
Perform additional duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers and printers, word processing, database applications and spreadsheet software, InDesign or similar software.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLYACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum of one year of experience studying abroad at the university-level in the United States and/or Germany.
3. Minimum of three years of combined experience in interning, researching, and/or working in a global engineering context in the United States and/or in Germany.
4. Demonstrated native or near-native proficiency in German and English.
5. Demonstrated strong verbal communication skills in German and English.
6. Demonstrated strong written communication skills in German and English.
7. Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
9. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
10. Demonstrated networking skills.
11. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Minimum of one year of experience interning or working in an engineering context in Germany.
2. Demonstrated experience with higher education issues, especially regarding engineering in an international context.
3. Demonstrated research experience in engineering.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*