We are looking for an engaged and committed person with documented track record on raising funding from institutional donors. Your main task will be to secure funding for AAD's programme activities focused on youth voice, equity and opportunity. Thematically our programmes focus on I) increased civic space for participation, ii) progressive tax and inclusive and accountable public service delivery, iii) decent work and economic opportunities for youth, and iv) accountability in emergencies.
ActionAid Denmark (AADK) fights poverty by promoting the political empowerment of the world’s poor. AADK supports long-term development work, education programmes and campaigns as well as cross border exchange of experience and knowledge between people.
AADK is part of the ActionAid International (AAI) federation and when handling international fundraising the institutional fundraiser must work with and within the AAI framework.
The position, responsibilities and tasks
The institutional fundraiser is responsible for strengthening our institutional fundraising, both by writing proposals and strengthening our relationships with partners, but also by building capacity within the organization, and developing processes and methods to support our efforts.
As such, your responsibilities are to:
Develop strategy, plan and opportunities for institutional fundraising including:
- Independently design, implement and manage a comprehensive organisational fundraising plan for institutional donors;
- Proactively work to establish new institutional partnerships with private and public stakeholders;
- Explore possibilities for establishing consortia in relation to larger proposals;
- Network with relevant partners inside and outside of the AAI federation.
- Monitor funding opportunities and calls, ensuring that relevant staff is informed in a timely manner;
- Coordinate pre-qualifications and proposal processes;
- Sparring on strategy for proposals and help focus proposals;
- Working closely with the programme responsible, Finance team and other relevant stakeholders to ensure that donor funding requirements are well understood.
Build knowledge and capacity within the organisation:
- Facilitate project design and proposal writing processes in corporation with relevant units within MS;
- Advise on contract negotiations, communication with donor and compliance with donor requirements through the project circle;
- Share knowledge and insights of the institutional funds market;
- The position reports to the Director of Operations, Kirsten Devantier. Some travel should be expected.
- You hold a relevant master’s degree.
- Very experienced in developing winning applications (EU etc.);
- Ability to effectively coordinate proposal development and reporting processes with the input of multiple stakeholders;
- Strong background in reporting and quality assurance of complex international projects;
- In-depth knowledge of funding mechanisms in the development sector;
- Proven competencies in relation-building with funding agencies, embassies and other influential stakeholders;
- Up to date knowledge of funding opportunities.
- You have strong networking and cooperation skills, and is a good communicator;
- You are aware of your own efficiency, possess initiative and know how to prioritize within your own area, even in strained situations, and you do so with a positive and open mind;
- You see and acknowledge your colleagues and challenges them with constructive feedback, align expectations and reduce bottlenecks.
- A salary under the collective agreement with AC terms and with a fixed term contract for 8 years. Pension as well as locally agreed allowances for e.g. term of years are connected to the position;
- Workplace can be flexible. If working from Copenhagen; a common lunch agreement;
- Sparring and support from managers and highly professional colleagues, opportunity to influence your job and organization as well as development opportunities;
- Flexible working hours, ensuring a good work/life balance;
- Please do also consult our webpage www.ms.dk/job for further information on being employed in AADK.
Closing date: 14th of May, first interviews: 17th of April with the possibility for second interviews: 22nd of may;
Start date: as soon as possible;
For further questions concerning the position in general, please contact Director of operations Kirsten Devantier.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*