In collaboration with the Director of External Communications and other members of the communication team, s/he will develop and implement WRC’s overall online strategy with the end goal of establishing WRC’s brand/voice and strengthening our digital footprint and presence.
- Manage email communications including designing layout, testing/monitoring performance, maintaining lists, etc.;
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and digital publishing/CMS;
- Strong eye for design and visual language, understands the importance of visual communications given the at-times sensitive nature of issues that WRC engages in;
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios;
- Exceptional writing/copywriting and language skills. Ability to turn complex/academic/technical language into soundbites;
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (i.e. content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management);
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics;
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional forms of communications/marketing;
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues;
- Manage consultants and vendors as needed in the development and creation of content;
- Develop content strategy/calendar;
- Monitor trends in website, social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media, communications, or related field. Master’s degree preferred;
- Three to five years demonstrated successful experience in digital communications;
- Proven experience with all the major social media platforms, social media reporting, analytics, content aggregation, content creation and scheduling tools;
- Expertise with Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Google Analytics and other search engines, content management systems (CMS), including Joomla and Drupal;
- Strong understanding of analytical tools and ability to report on metrics;
- A full understanding of social media marketing best practices, with up-to-date knowledge of latest trends and thinking;
- Outstanding communications skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to grasp and communicate substantive WRC policies and programs;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with staff at all levels;
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to conduct and coordinate multiple tasks under pressure to ensure deadlines are met;
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management);
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of WRC.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*