CMIR is an organization working for the rights of migrant workers and their families. CMIR, having its central office at Kathmandu Nepal, operates all over Nepal and most of the destination countries where Nepalese migrant worker travel for work. Immediate support to distressed migrant workers, educational support to the children of migrant workers, research, evidence-based advocacy, strengthening the international relations of Nepal government are some of the major activity carried out by CMIR. CMIR offers internship opportunity to international and national students, the opportunity creates a space to learn the multi-dynamic aspects of migration for employment and protect the rights of migrant worker and their families.
Upon completion of internship, the intern will/have be able to:
- Understand pertinent issues on labor migration of Nepal.
- Analyze the scope and challenges of labour migration in the given context.
- A thorough understanding of national and international laws and declarations on migration.
- Understand socio-culture structure of Nepal.
What CMIR Offers:
CMIR offers following services to make engaging interns engaging during the three months of internship:
- Orientation on the socio-cultural structure of Nepal, Dos and Don'ts, intern's role and assignments, overview of migration and international relations.
- Stationary as required, high speed and secure internet.
- Clean, inspiring and healthy environment and space to work.
- Access to a library
- Migrant Community Visit (The cost(transportation, food and accommodation) has to be borne by intern them self)
- Focused group discussion with the migrant community.
- Interaction with the migrant community. (Intern(s) could live as paying guest to migrant family for 2/3days during the visit)
- The internship program offers full time mentorship for the interns.
- Research support, opportunities to interaction with experts (migration and International relations), in a monthly basis.
- Recognition letter upon the successful completion the internship.
- Assistance for logistic (housing to live), travel and other as required.
- Free Tea/Coffee and clean drinking water at office.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*