Damien Foundation, a Belgian NGO specialized in the fight against leprosy and tuberculosis, is looking for an Institutional Fundraiser for its headquarters in Brussels to strengthen the team, to prepare the challenges ahead and to ensure its mission for project funding.
At the Project Department, under the responsibility of the Project Department Director and in consultation with the project managers and medical advisors:
- You develop and implement a partnership network with institutional funders, excluding the Directorate-general Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid (DGD). The funders you are approaching are the bilateral cooperation agencies of foreign governments, the intergovernmental and multilateral organizations, the public and private international foundations;
- You are the Damien Foundation focal point for these institutional partners. You draw up and maintain proactively a database of your contacts as well as descriptive sheets of the respective partners. You constantly have the relevant information relating to the required procedures, rules and standards;
- You prepare, draw up and submit files responding to calls for proposals based on the information provided by the project managers and medical advisors. You pay particular attention to the strict compliance with the requirements (contents, criteria, indicators, layout, term, etc.) of institutional funders;
- You manage and ensure the follow-up of the (co-)financing contracts;
- You are willing to visit the project countries in order to analyze the needs, to gather useful information, to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to proceed with eventual adjustments during financing implementation;
- You draw up and submit periodic and final narrative and financial reports according to the requirements of institutional funders;
- You provide support and assist our representative offices in preparing and submitting funding files including follow-up.
- You are familiar with the NGO’s funding mechanisms as well as with the specific features of institutional funders;
- You have a similar professional experience of at least five years;
- You have a master’s degree;
- You speak French and English fluently. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Dutch is an extra asset;
- You are able to draw up clear, concise and accurate files;
- You are able to work autonomously and your approach is result-oriented;
- You show a dynamic and innovative attitude. Together with your colleagues you actively participate in the collective effort.
- A captivating function inside an organization driven by its mission;
- A function where initiative, creativity and energy are strongly encouraged;
- A full-time employment contract (or 4/5) for a definite period (2 years);
- An attractive salary with extralegal benefits.
Please send your curriculum vitae and motivation letter before the 12th of May 2017 (preferably by e-mail) or by post to Damien Foundation, for the attention of Mrs. Leslie Preud’homme, 263 Boulevard Léopold II, B-1081 Brussels.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*