• This position requires Review Committee/Senior Review Committee Approval.
• This vacancy shall be filled by a 3-year Term appointment in accordance with the Fund’s new employment rules taking effect on May 1, 2015.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is seeking a creative leader to develop and manage its corporate visual communication, marketing and brand strategies to raise internal and external awareness of the organization’s work and achievements and to enhance and deepen the engagement with its various audiences and stakeholders.
Under the general supervision of the Division Chief, the Deputy Chief (Creative Design) will direct and manage a diverse team of high caliber creative professionals in the Creative Design area to develop and deliver concepts and quality products and services.
The selected candidate should have in depth knowledge and experience in creating and executing internal, national and international marketing campaigns with an emphasis on visual brand creation and collateral.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, direct, and oversee the work program and all activities related to the formulation, budgeting, design, production and procurement of the Fund’s multimedia and visual communication services and products including account services, creative services, feature video and photography services, and broadcast and audiovisual services
- Set work and developmental objectives for direct reports and ensure business goals and objectives are met through timely continuous feedback, coaching and supervision. Perform formal annual and semiannual performance reviews and adjust objectives to ensure an engaged, innovative, high performing workforce.
- Effectively manage and adjust client engagements to build buy in, partnership and mutual success, while ensuring that resources, level of effort and collateral communication products are within budget and appropriately scaled to the value and size of the clients intended audience.
- Deputize for the Division Chief as required.
Educational development, typically acquired by the completion of an advanced university degree, or equivalent, in communications, international relations, languages, or a related field, supplemented by a minimum of eleven years of relevant, progressively responsible work experience, is required. Alternatively, a university degree, or equivalent, and seventeen years of relevant professional experience are required.
The successful candidate will be driven, focused and able to interact effectively with a variety of individuals. The job requires strong leadership and managerial experience; a high level of creativity within parameters; flexibility to deal with the IMF's response to a changing economic environment; self-motivation; good decision making skills and an ability to communicate persuasively.
- In depth knowledge of visual communications and marketing strategies with demonstrated hands on experience in creating marketing campaigns, managing brands, and producing visual communication collateral including, graphic design, print and electronic publishing, video production, photography, event management, social media, and exhibition services for multicultural, international audiences.
- Strong project management, negotiation, human relations skills, with the ability to think strategically and creatively about design and visual communication and related technologies.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a multifunctional work team and to direct multiple multimedia and communications projects simultaneously, use artistic direction and apply strong negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills in overseeing projects.
- Excellent communication and human relations skills in interacting with clients and personnel at all levels within and outside the IMF.
- Proven ability to manage large (multimillion dollar) Capital and Administrative budgets including the ability to forecast, balance and justify expenditures. Knowledge of procurement practices including the formulation of statements of work, purchase orders, requisitions and associated tasks and management processes and procedures.
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture and educational background.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*