Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to advance development effectiveness, and does so through the provision of a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organization, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Sr. Program Assistant will be supporting a variety of SI’s performance evaluations with clients including USAID and the U.S. Department of State. The Sr. Program Assistant will report to a Deputy Director; and work with Project Managers on a portfolio of contracts. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to project teams, including consulting agreements, arranging travel, hotels, visas, and insurances for travelling team members
- Orient consultant team members to procedures for working with SI
- Facilitate communication/collaboration between SI Program Managers, consultants and client
- Organize and schedule training events associated with various SI contracts.
- Under the supervision of Program Manager, draft and edit documents and reports
- Under supervision of Program Manager, monitor program budgets and reconcile expenditures
- Under supervision of Program Manager, provide technical support such as administering surveys, analyzing qualitative data, conducting desk research
- As able, in a Program Manager’s absence, serve as “Acting” Program Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, or related subject (required)
- Research experience
- Coursework in international development preferred
- Work or study experience abroad preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing, Excel, and desktop publishing applications
- Familiarity with quantitative or qualitative analysis software preferred (Stata, Atlas.ti, or others).
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*